Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weather and chronic pain

As many chronic pain sufferers can tell you, anything can be a trigger to set off a cascade of body aches, depression and a strong desire to find a small hole and hide away from the world.

For me, it's the weather that adversely affects my daily activities. My body is almost like a barometer, in that when the weather is going to change my body tells me immediately. The pain is unbearable and even my strongest of medications doesn't help. When the sun is shining and the temperature is moderate (65-75 degrees f/14-23 degrees c), the body aches ease a certain amount but that doesn't mean I still don't get flair ups during the summer. Cold, wet, and humid are villians and I don't even want to get started on what happens during snow season.

There is no perfect weather location to live because weather and chronic pain are just so unpredictable. As I stare out at the fall season hitting the west coast, I know my happy days are quickly coming to a close and the long painful winter season is approaching.

Arthritis, fibro, chronic pain syndrome and bad weather are really not good bed fellows.

But life goes on........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to drop me a note to say how you liked my work. Please remember that foul language is not appropriate.