Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Finding a compassionate shoulder

One of the hardest things about having #ChronicPain illnesses is the lack of comradeship and socializations because of the constant pain and zero desire to get out and talk to people. It's an exile not really wanted but thrown upon without permission or acknowledgement. It's so hard to want to be happy and friendly when you are wondering how long it will be before tears emerge from your eyes because the pain is unbearable.

The internet has presented so many solutions to being an almost 'shut in'. From social media sites to blogs (like mine) to networking, the internet connects us all in a global support group. Through social media, I have been able to connect with several people who suffer from the same illness or similar illnesses as I do and it has been almost a miracle (if you believe in such).

While I do get out on occasion (pain is usually about a 7), it is fantastic to meet someone in my circle that is out on a rare occasion as well.

It is important to remember that even though we can be housed up for days at a time because of the pain, our need for social interaction doesn't fade. We are social by nature and we need the input from others to aid us in our daily path called life.  My husband has recently reminded me that I am far too outgoing to not want to be around others. I guess the mundane day-after-day rituals need a good break once in awhile.

I got out. I saw the world. I interacted with people. Now I'm good till Christmas. Right??????

to be continued:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to drop me a note to say how you liked my work. Please remember that foul language is not appropriate.