Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HOUSEWORK AND CHRONIC ILLNESS

To most people washing the dishes, doing laundry or cleaning the bathroom are mundane, necessary duties in order to maintain a home. For someone who suffers from Chronic Illness, those are milestones!

Some days even just folding clothes can be a challenge to large to conquer. There is no way to know what the next day will bring pain wise, so on the rare days that I'm feeling 'peppy'; I try and get as much of the housework done as possible. Usually, I end up in a heap of pain afterwards, but the attempt was made to feel normal.

The need for help has multiplied ten fold especially when it comes to bending, lifting and carrying anything remotely heavy. Grocery shopping is excruciating at best but I haven't got enough minions for that duty yet.

I would love to have a week where I could do my housework and still have enough energy to go out to dinner or watch a movie.

With no simple solution or cures and with the magic genie on strike, my house will just have to make due with what it can.

Now where did I put that bottle of Mr Clean?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to drop me a note to say how you liked my work. Please remember that foul language is not appropriate.