Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WHAT CAN I EAT TODAY?

Such a simplistic question should be fairly simple to respond to right? Unfortunately, that is one question I dread these days. Its the unending roller coaster that is my stomach that dictates how my day will go food wise. One day, I can eat whatever and experience discomfort that is moderately tolerable and the next day, even water makes for good porcelain god worship. 


I could handle not eating very much provided what I did eat stayed down. The violent bowel explosions, excruciating stomach pain and depression that comes from a disappointing meal attempt make it so difficult to even want to eat.  


While I am enjoying the weight loss (40 lbs approx), the rapid loss scares me greatly and the lack of answers surrounding the issue worry me even more. Sure the label of 'IBS' (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is fine but it doesn't quite engulf everything I endure on a daily basis. Add that to the Fibromyalgia, Meniere's Disease, Osteoarthritis and chronic Depression and you have the medical concoction that is my life. 


I am well aware that there is no cure for any of the conditions and aware that medications only 'help' control the symptoms and 'slightly' ease the pain but really don't heal. The ongoing fight with  government to get my 'disability' pension is wearing me down but I am not giving up. I know that work is not an option for me anymore. The amount of pain may vary from day-to-day but it is always there. 


I wish that there was a magic wand that could make me and everyone else who suffers from Chronic Illnesses happily healed. Until then, I guess I'll just have to wait patiently ha ha and endure every day as it comes. 


The sum of my pain does not define me as a person, I define myself as me. I just wish I knew what that definition was. 


cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to drop me a note to say how you liked my work. Please remember that foul language is not appropriate.