Total Pageviews

Friday, December 23, 2011

THE RIDGE MEADOWS DISH

THE RIDGE MEADOWS DISH
issue 3

It's Friday and the final preparations are being put in place for those of us who are celebrating Christmas. The roads are busier, the grocery stores jammed packed but the mood is light and oddly enough friendlier. A bouncy holiday tune began playing on the radio as I headed to my destination. GoldenEars CheeseWorks. 

The visit was spontaneous and figured I would get in and out quickly. Apparently, on the 23rd of December that idea was an epic fail! Pulling into their parking lot, I knew I was in for a lengthy wait at the tills. There were but a few choice spots left. Parking the Mustang, I headed in to the store.

As I walked into the store, the buzzing chatter of shoppers was loud but cheerful. The place was full of happy customers. The GoldenEars CheeseWorks had become one of my favorite local hangouts and apparently a lot of other Ridge Meadow's residents.  

I meandered into the store, knowing my sole purpose was to buy some pizza dough for my Stromboli's (hubby's treat for the guys at work over Christmas). There was just so much to look at. The chocolates gained my attention immediately, I acknowledged their silent urgings to buy but managed to walk past without grabbing any. 

The staff was running to keep up with their customer's purchases, questions and tastings. Wait, you get to sample cheese while you shop? Of course! Every day you can sample their cheeses! I eked by the cheese counter and the sweet aroma of cinnamon buns caught my senses. They were fresh and the cream cheese on top was bellowing. I resisted the temptation. 'I must be strong today', 'I can do this'. Nope, it was too late. The call of the 'Gouda Buns' was just too much to bear. I snapped a bag up and popped it into my basket. 

Returning to the cheese counter, I ordered my Cranberry Quark and fresh Baby Brie and went on my way to the till. Wishing the staff and those close by a 'Merry Christmas', I happily went on my way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to drop me a note to say how you liked my work. Please remember that foul language is not appropriate.