Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Calm After The Storm...

March 11, 2012


Well, the worse is over now. I've sat a front of the Tribunal and plead my case. Having and suffering from chronic illness was not on my list of things to do before I died. I highly doubt it is on any one's bucket list really. 


I always imagined my government working for me and not against me. I had a vision of a Country that regarded it's disabled citizens with empathy and understanding. Utopian ideology I know, but it is how I perceived my democracy. 


Alas, I digress. The tribunal panel now has four months to decide my fate. Four more months of wondering, anxiety and fear. Great tactic on the government's part.  No one likes playing the 'waiting game', so by stalling their decision or forcing a tribunal (like in my case). They can systematically weed out all the false claims by just 'waiting' them out. Of course, this waiting game is coming almost five years after the origination of the claim itself.


I think I have waited them out.


We shall see.


The journey continues......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to drop me a note to say how you liked my work. Please remember that foul language is not appropriate.