Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 07, 2012

My new passion

I have a new passion and oddly enough it is a good for me. I've taken up practicing Yoga. I'm still in my infancy of the exercise regime and learning a great deal. 


Since the decision to start doing Yoga, I have drastically altered my diet (upping the raw foods and lowering gluten and processed). I have joined a 'fitness' website, that is in a word Awesome!


http://www.sparkpeople.com

Sparkpeople has been motivating and inspiring for me. Logging in daily to track my exercise, my food, my weight etc. Along with community support (teams), recipes, cartoons and music selections has been thus far very useful. 


The Yoga has also enabled me to re-learn how to meditate and find my inner calm. 


I highly recommend both the website and the Yoga. As a chronic illness sufferer, I'm always looking for something to ease the pain other than the cupboard full of narcotics.  


Having Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis and Meniere's Disease can cause a great deal of stress and turmoil in my daily life, so having Yoga and sparkpeople has been like receiving a gift from the Goddess.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to drop me a note to say how you liked my work. Please remember that foul language is not appropriate.